After a period where we have experienced being church in a different way – without gathering in our building – we have arrived this week at our first Sunday returning to face-to-face worship. Click Continue reading… for detail on how this will look, given the current situation and government guidelines.
What will Sunday look like?
- Our maximum attendance will be limited to 72 as we seek to be compliant to social distancing rules.
- Please do not attend if you are displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with anyone displaying such symptoms. It is important that we all take primary responsibility for our own and others’ health and wellbeing.
- Everyone who would like to worship within the church building (adults and children) will be required to wear face masks. Those who are medically exempt do not need to wear a face mask.
- Everyone is welcome to our services. Please note that there will be no activities for children during the services, so children will be expected to remain with their families at all times.
Arriving and Leaving
- Please enter Church through the two doors on Main Street – and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- If coming from the Bingham Lane car park, enter through the Church Halls, use the hand sanitiser, follow the signage and queue, socially distanced, to enter the church through upper door on Main Street.
- If coming from Main Street please enter through the lower archway gate and queue to enter through the lower door.
- A member of the Welcome Team will greet you and direct you to an usher, who will assign you a seat. Once seated please remain in that seat.
- The Church will fill from the front and will empty from the rear. Everyone should remain seated until an usher asks you to leave. (Please be patient.)
- Those attending will be seated in family groups.
- The Gallery will be closed.
- All external doors will be open to provide airflow and reduce the need to touch surfaces. (Please be aware this may mean the temperature in the building being lower than usual.)
- Please do not come earlier than 10.30am and please be in your seats for 10.55am, as this will allow the the service to start at 11am for the Live Stream.
- The service will last about 40-45 minutes.
- Singing will be allowed, but at a reduced level.
- A retiring offering facility will be available at the exits.
Booking for Attendance
Due to constraints on numbers it is necessary at the moment to book a seat to attend church physically, rather than online.
The booking number is 07782408232 . Ensure you speak to the operator directly; do not leave a voice mail message or text. Please be ready to provide the number of seats your group will require, along with a contact number.
As we seek to reopen the church, we are presented with many challenges. We are aiming to ensure that the space is safe for our congregation to meet in and also that we will all be able to have a meaningful and God-glorifying worship experience.
A big plus from the lockdown has been the focus on developing online church which has been a blessing and challenge to so many over the last months. As we reintroduce physical meetings we will continue to provide live streaming, allowing as many as possible to engage with our services. Please don’t feel pressurised into attending the physical meeting if you feel this would make you uncomfortable.Stephen Orr